Wednesday 1 September 2010

New starts


More than almost anything, I love the autumn term feeling. Yesterday and today have been just as this time should be: sunny as you like but with a bite in the air in the mornings. It makes me want to rush out and buy a new pencil case, and check my shoes still fit.
Unfortunately, having a grown up job, the new term's only in my head, but you know what? It doesn't matter. I can have a pile of new resolutions, and a clean start, and if I make turkey lasagne once and it's horrible, then I never have to make it again.
(The backlog of un-written-about books is building, and I'll do some catch-up posts soon, but mainly I wanted right now to share my wonderful autumn feeling).

The only cloud is that cat has vanished, only since last night so far too soon to worry about her, but still, I'd like to have her gathered in by dark. Time to go and stand at the back door rattling the biscuits and making kissy noises, I think....

ETA: the cat came back :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for your comment on my blog. I've now added something to my post re: Paul's bread. Here's the link to the recipe he used to make it:

    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2060/easy-white-bread

    I've been reading a bit about your summer reading project...will be checking back with interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Am very glad your cat came back!

    ReplyDelete